DRMI RECLAIMING FREEDOM FROM ADDICTIONS & SUBSTANCES IS RECOGNIZED AS A DOMAIN PROGRAM BY THE FLORIDA DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS' PROGRAM CLEARINGHOUSE!
About the DRMI Reclaiming Freedom from Addictions & Substances Program
- Offers recovery information/education and targeted recommendations on specific types of addiction, as well as information about coping with a loved one‘s addiction.
- Cognitive-based, evidence-informed, experiential learning process that supports continual growth and development, and have proven effective with individuals/general public, inmates and returning citizens.
- 8-12 weekly sessions at 1-2 hours per, in either individual or group-based settings at community-based locations or at DRMI’s office at 300 W. Pensacola St., 3rd Floor, Tallahassee, FL 32301, and at correctional facilities throughout Florida.
- Times are flexible and based upon facilitator availability.
- Program is offered in the following formats: secular and faith based.
- Cost per session is negotiable.
- The program complements well-designed mental/behavioral treatment programs that help to reduce relapse, criminality, misconduct and recidivism. It also increases levels of education, helps to mend relationships, boost employment readiness, and improves overall mental health.
- This curriculum has been peer reviewed by a Master Social Worker.
- This program and curriculum has been approved for evaluation by the Behavioral Science and Health Education Program at Florida A&M University.